Last year, I read more books than I ever have. I do not think it is a coincidence that it was also a year of tremendously positive growth and evolution. I am 100% convinced that reading more — and better — is a crucial piece of success. In today’s cluttered and chaotic landscape, I think it’s more important than ever to invest time into reading things that make us better people and professionals.
I also love the #SportsBiz and #SMSports communities. I have gotten to know so many of you through Twitter and eventually IRL (in real life ;)).
So today, I’m launching a project that will hopefully bring these two great things together, The #SportsBiz Book Exchange.
Here’s how it will work:
- Tell us your name, address, and a book you’re willing to share by clicking on this link.
- We’ll follow up with a list of submitted books and ask you to select the ones you’ve already read.
- On March 1, you’ll receive the name and address of someone to share your book with. Mail them the book with a short personalized note.
- Wait for your book to come.
- We’ll repeat steps 2–4 every month or two. You’ll forward the book you received to someone else, with another note.
I hope this will be a way for like-minded sports professionals to share knowledge and expand their network. I think reading and networking are two important pillars to growing your career and hope this exchange will enrich all those who participate.